On July 8th and 9th, we celebrated the parish feast day of our Lady of Tikhvin Church.  The church, which was founded in 1936, was originally named in honor of St. Alexander Nevsky but following the consecration of the Cathedral it was re-dedicated to the Mother of God in honor of her Tikhvin icon. 

On July 8th, Priest Leonid Goferman along with Deacons Nicholas Lukianov and Nicholas Olhovsky celebrated the All-Night Vigil.  On July 9th, Fr. Leonid as well as Fr. Vadim Arafiev (St. John Foundation for the homeless, Brooklyn, New York) with Deacons Nicholas Lukianov and Nicholas Olhovsky celebrated the Divine Liturgy which was followed by a procession around the church and a festive trapeza in the parish center.